Australian Taxation Office | New Integrated Office Fitout
Cushman & Wakefield was appointed by the Australian Tax Office (ATO) to project manage the procurement of a new, purpose built office facility for 980 staff relocating from a building nearby in the area.
The office facility comprised a new five storey building encompassing a lower ground floor carpark, upper ground floor storage, ground floor lobby, end of trip facilities and adjoining retail areas as part of providing complimentary service to the Dandenong office precinct. Cushman & Wakefield successfully managed the project as an end to end service encompassing development of a project requirements brief, procurement and management of design, procurerment of the fitout via an integrated approach with the developer and oversight across all construction activites to ensure ATO’s requirements were delivered.
- Enhanced office accommodation for 980 staff to reflect the ATO’s accomodation and engineering standards.
- Identification of the site and negotiation on the terms of delivery under the AFL.
- Management oversight of the landlords obligations under the Agreement for Lease.
- Project Management of the tenant’s deliverables on behalf of the ATO.
- Project management of the integrated design and construction of the office fitout.
- Ensuring the ATO’s requirements for quality and value for money were delivered under the base building bbrief in regard to items such as: room data requirements, structured cabling, security and computer room functionality.
- A project briefing process was undertaken to establish the project requirements brief.
- A site selection process was conducted with due diligence to ensure bids were compliant with the ATO’s requirements.
- Preparation of HOA and AFL terms and conditionsNegotiation of Terms and Conditions incorporating strict accomodation standards.
- Engagement and management of the tenancy fitout design team and the cost consultant, ensuring the client had complete visibility of the design development and budget implications of all design decisions.
- Management of the complex stakeholder interaction between the ATO, developer, investor, builder and consultants using a partnering approach.
- Establishment and ongoing management of the project cost control measures to deliver the project on budget.
- Management of the programme to ensure client deliverables under the AFL were met to avoid delay claims.
- The project achieved an early completion due to the close working relationship between the developer, builder, the consultant teams and the ATO. This close cooperation enabled the quick processing of approvals of trade packages and variation claims.
- The final cost of the works has provided considerable savings against the initial budget due to focused attention to tendering of trade packages undertaken in conjunction with the base building tendering and variation requests.
- Cushman & Wakefield ensured the design met with the 6 green and star NABERS requirement, meaning that the ATO was able to fulfill its community obligation to conserve and reduce the consumption of energy and natural resources.
- New innovations of AV were developed and incorporated within the tenancy.
- Time, quality and budget to ATO’s expectations were achieved.
- Cushman & Wakefield utilised in-house experience in order to address each of the very different stages of the project to ensure the clients expectations were realised.
- A value management exercise was undertaken as part of the design to ensure cost effective buildability considering the risks facing the project in respect of delivery of materials and processing stone and granite to tight timescales.
Sector / Service Line
Base Building: $60m
- Site scoping and selection
- HOA & AFL negotiations
- Managemnt of the AFL
- Project management of Integrated Fitout
- Relocation management
"The Cushman & Wakefield team provided comprehensive leadership and management of the project team to achieve a great result for the ATO, a month early and under budget.”
ATO Project Co-ordinator
National Head of Project Management
Direct: +61 2 8243 9907
Mobile: +61 417 437 599